Applying for a domestic abuse injunction

You can apply for a domestic abuse injunction, also known as a ‘non-molestation order’ if you or someone you are helping, is experiencing domestic abuse from:

  • someone they’re having or have had a relationship with
  • a family member or
  • someone you’re living with or have lived with

An injunction is a court order that either:

  • protects you or your child from being harmed or threatened by the person who’s abused you - this is called a ‘non-molestation order’
  • decides who can live in the family home or enter the surrounding area - this is called an ‘occupation order’

The guidance on how to apply for a domestic abuse injunction for unrepresented applicants during the coronavirus outbreak is available here.

If you are in immediate danger, you should always call 999.

Find out how to get help if you or someone you know is a victim of domestic abuse here.

Or call the National Domestic Abuse Helpline for free and confidential advice, 24 hours a day on 0808 2000 247.